Chicago Blackhawks activate D Connor Murphy off IR
The Chicago Blackhawks activated defenseman Connor Murphy off injured reserve Monday.
The 27-year-old Murphy had been sidelined by a right hip injury. He has two goals and three assists in 13 games, last playing in a 2-1 victory at Dallas on Feb. 7.
The Blackhawks also said forward Dylan Strome was in the concussion protocol. Strome was ruled out for practice Monday.
Defenseman Lucas Carlsson was placed on IR with a strained groin. The move was made retroactive to Friday, and Carlsson is expected to miss 10 to 14 days.
Chicago’s next game is Tuesday night at Columbus.
- Journalist at JJA Sport Studio for: NBA, NHL & Tennis
- Database analyst for JJA Sport Studio
- Vice President JJA Sport Studio
Latest from John Matiesen
- Celtics send Kemba Walker, 16th pick to Thunder for Horford
- Brooklyn Nets v Milwaukee Bucks: Bucks bounce back to beat Nets and force Game 7
- Tampa Bay Lightning v New York Islanders: Point scores again, Lightning beat Islanders in Game 3
- Carlisle steps down as Mavs’ coach, one day after GM departs
- ‘Listening to my body’: Nadal to sit out Wimbledon, Olympics