Browns to ban fan for hitting owner with bottle
The Cleveland Browns are planning to ban a fan who threw at bottle that hit team owner Jimmy Haslam in the final moments of Sunday's loss to the New York Jets, a source confirmed to JJA Sport Studio.
NFL Network, which first reported that the fan would be banned, captured video of Haslam walking to the Browns tunnel just as the Jets receiver Garrett Wilson scored the game-winning touchdown in a 31-30 win over Cleveland. After the bottle hit Haslam, he looked up to try and find the fan that threw it. Stadium video helped confirm the identity of the fan, who will no longer be allowed inside FirstEnergy Stadium. "Fan, player and staff safety is the top priority in our building and behavior that puts others in danger will not be tolerated," the Browns said in a statement. "Luckily no one was harmed in this incident and as a standard practice, we've cooperated with law enforcement authorities and security video footage of the object being thrown is in the appropriate hands. We will have no further comment on this matter."
Latest Cleveland Browns news
Latest news on JJA Sport Studio
Covering as journalist: NFL, MLB
Latest from Ilona Hunt
- New York Yankees vs Toronto Blue Jays: Judge 4 walks, still at 60 HR; Yankees win AL East, top Jays
- Guardians postpone celebration due to forecast
- Veteran Giants receiver Sterling Shepard has torn ACL
- Cincinnati Reds vs Pittsburgh Pirates: Suwinski double keys 4-run 7th, Pirates beat Reds
- Dallas Cowboys vs New York Giants: Lamb’s 1-handed TD catch gives Dallas win over Giants