Germany's Neuer and Goretzka out of Nations League games
Germany goalkeeper Manuel Neuer (36) and midfielder Leon Goretzka (27) will miss their Nations League matches against Hungary and England in the coming days after testing positive for C0VID-19, the team said on Wednesday.
Both players would be leaving the team hotel later in the day, team spokesperson Franziska Wuelle told a news conference. Hoffenheim keeper Oliver Baumann (32) had been called up to replace Neuer while there would be more call-ups later on Wednesday, the German Football Association (DFB) said. The Germans play Hungary on Friday before travelling to England on September 26th as they fine-tune the team ahead of the World Cup in Qatar starting in November.
Latest German National Football Team news
Latest news on JJA Sport Studio
Latest from Jason Gordon
- Union extend with Fischer and assistant coach
- Switzerland vs Czech Republic: Swiss army twist the knife into relegated Czechs
- Hungary vs Italy: Hungary Italians march onto Nations League Finals
- Denmark vs France: Danish delight dampened after Les Bleus victory
- Czech Republic vs Portugal: Unlikely Dalot double fires Portugal top