NXT's Io Shirai legitimately injured?
NXT's Injury Report is generally used as a way to add drama to ongoing angles, though in the case of Io Shirai's latest knock, it might just be genuine.
Shirai allegedly tweaked her knee during a match against Toni Storm on this past Wednesday's episode of NXT, with the damage seemingly aggravated by a brawl with Bianca Belair and Rhea Ripley after the bell. The report noted that Shirai was sent for a precautionary MRI as she undergoes further evaluation.
Yesterday, the Japanese star posted an uncaptioned photo of a leg brace to Twitter. It's not understood if this is confirmation of a legitimate injury, or if Shirai is simply using social media to further add to the story.
As ever, check back for more details as they emerge.
Covering: Pro Wrestling, MLB, MMA
Sports Background: Judo
Job at JJA Sport Studio: Journalist, Vlogger, CEO
Latest from Jan-Jaap Abbink
- WWE hits Scott Dawson with Copyright Claim on YouTube
- Roman Reigns/Goldberg segment announced for next week's WWE SmackDown
- 'Broken Skull Sessions Uncensored' coming to WWE Network
- Vince McMahon is the only person in WWE who didn't want to postpone WrestleMania 36
- The Miz pulled from Wrestlemania 36