Dos Santos pulls out of UFC Moscow main event

Dos Santos pulls out of UFC Moscow main event Dos Santos pulls out of UFC Moscow main event Junior Dos Santos

Junior dos Santos has been forced to withdraw from the main event of a UFC card in Moscow after recently contracting a skin infection on his left shin, his manager Ana Claudia Guedes said Tuesday.

He is currently at a hospital in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, but is hoping to be discharged in the next day or two. He has had two surgical procedures to slice and drain the infection, and it is still being drained, she said.
The UFC, wanting to keep the Russian-born Volkov on the card, has replaced dos Santos with Greg Hardy in the main event.
Guedes had been hoping that Volkov would be moved to an event in January, as the current expectation is that dos Santos will be healthy enough to fight early next year.
The 35-year-old dos Santos (21-5), a former UFC heavyweight champion, is coming off a TKO loss to Francis Ngannou in June.
Ngannou tweeted about potentially taking the fight Tuesday morning, and the UFC did inquire about the possibility of him stepping in on short notice, sources told JJA Sport Studio.
Volkov (30-7) hasn't fought since his knockout loss to Derrick Lewis last October.

Facebook

upcoming matches

Friday, 22 November 2019
Borussia Dortmund vs SC Paderborn 07
20:30
Levante UD vs RCD Mallorca
21:00
Saturday, 23 November 2019
CD Leganes vs FC Barcelona
13:00
West Ham United vs Tottenham Hotspur
13:30
Eintracht Frankfurt vs VfL Wolfsburg
15:30

Quick Poll

Joomla forms builder by JoomlaShine

 

Go to top
JSN Time 2 is designed by JoomlaShine.com | powered by JSN Sun Framework
X

Right Click

all our work is copyright protected. Due to this we have disable right mouse click option