OB v FC Copenhagen: OB defeats FC Copenhagen despite two Wilczek boxes
Three goals in the first half secured OB an important 3-2 victory over FCK in the teams' first match in the Super League.
OB came flying from land in the Superligaen , when the Funen team on Sunday set out to win 3-2 over FCK .
In the first half, OB was much better than FCK , who had a hard time creating chances. Instead, the hosts scored three goals, and it could easily have been more than 3-0 at the break.
In the second half, OB lifted his foot from the accelerator and it was about to go wrong when FCK were locked into the match on two goals by debutant Kamil Wilczek.
Although the visitors pressed for the equalizer, they were never close to getting a third goal.
Jens Jakob Thomasen and twice Issam Jebali were responsible for OB's goals.
Excellent Funen first half
After ten minutes, midfielder Jens Jakob Thomasen hammered the hosts in front with a shot from the edge of the box that whizzed up into the corner.
In the 17th minute, the lead was doubled when striker Issam Jebali was played in depth and safely passed Karl-Johan Johnsson in the FCK goal.
OB played an excellent first half and had several good opportunities to extend the lead further, but it was only just before the break that Jebali became a double goal scorer with a flat shot in the short corner.
The reduction came from the visitors after an hour of play, when the former Brøndby striker and debutant Kamil Wilczek was able to head the ball into goal completely undisturbed.
Ten minutes later, tension was seriously brought back into the match as Wilczek was back on the spot and reduced to 2-3.
- Journalist at JJA Sport Studio: Football / Soccer
- Leader columnist department
Latest from Celia Perrone
- Brighton and Hove Albion V Manchester United: Fernandes penalty settles astonishing contest
- Suarez signs two-year contract with Atletico
- Bayern Munich v Sevilla: Martinez the unlikely Super Cup hero against obdurate opponents
- Manchester City V Bournemouth: Delap and Foden see holders squeeze through
- Lincoln City V Liverpool: Jones & Minamino hit doubles in EFL Cup rout