QB Trevor Lawrence signs $36.8M rookie contract with Jags
Jacksonville Jaguars quarterback and No. 1 overall pick Trevor Lawrence signed his four-year rookie contract Monday, clearing the way for him to attend the start of training camp in three weeks.
Under the NFL’s rookie slotting system, Lawrence’s deal was projected to be worth $36.8 million and included a $24.1 million signing bonus. He will count $6.7 million against the salary cap in 2021. With Lawrence under contract, Jacksonville has now signed six of its nine draft picks. Running back Travis Etienne (first round), cornerback Tyson Campbell (second) and offensive tackle Walker Little (second) remain unsigned. Lawrence is expected to be an immediate starter in Year 1. He went 34-2 at Clemson, recording the third-best winning percentage by a starting quarterback (minimum 30 starts) in college football since 1978. He finished his college career undefeated in regular-season play and led the Tigers to the national championship as a freshman in 2018.
Latest Jacksonville Jaguars news
04 Jan, 2021
Latest news on JJA Sport Studio
Covering as journalist: NFL, MLB
Latest from Ilona Hunt
- NFLPA President criticizes league on vaccine wristbands
- Washington Nationals v Philadelphia Phillies: Scherzer takes care of Phils in his possible Nats finale
- Los Angeles Dodgers v San Francisco Giants: Buehler, Dodgers dominate 1st-place Giants
- Toronto Blue Jays v Boston Red Sox: Ray strong, Grichuk 3 RBIs, Jays top Bosox to open twinbill
- Milwaukee Brewers v Pittsburgh Pirates: Narvaez, Anderson lead Brewers to rout of Pirates