Bauer won’t pitch again this season, leave extended by MLB

Bauer won’t pitch again this season, leave extended by MLB FILE - In this June 28, 2021, file photo, Los Angeles Dodgers starting pitcher Trevor Bauer throws against the San Francisco Giants during the first inning of a baseball game, in Los Angeles. A Los Angeles judge sided with Bauer on Thursday, Aug. 19, 2021

Los Angeles Dodgers pitcher Trevor Bauer will miss the rest of the season.

Major League Baseball and the players’ association extended his administrative leave Friday through the end of the World Series. Bauer was placed on seven days’ paid leave July 2 under the MLB and players’ union’s joint domestic violence and sexual assault policy after a Southern California woman said he choked her into unconsciousness, punched her repeatedly and had anal sex with her without her consent during two sexual encounters earlier this year. MLB and the union have since agreed to several extensions. The decision to extend the leave through the rest of the season had been expected, given that Bauer had not pitched since June 29 and was running out of time to get back in shape to return to the mound while games remained. The regular season is scheduled to end Oct. 3 and the minimum ramp-up time for pitchers is generally regarded as three weeks. Bauer’s representatives issued a statement Friday saying he had agreed to extend his administrative leave through the playoffs “in a measure of good faith and in an effort to minimize any distraction to the Dodgers organization and his teammates.” “He continues to cooperate with the MLB investigation and refute the baseless allegations against him,” the statement said. “Again, by definition administrative leave is neither a disciplinary action nor does it in any way reflect a finding in the league’s investigation.” The Pasadena Police Department last month delivered the results of its own three-month investigation into the woman’s allegations to the Los Angeles County district attorney’s office and the case is under review. The move came a week after Judge Dianna Gould-Saltman of the Superior Court of Los Angeles County denied the 27-year-old San Diego woman’s request for a restraining order against Bauer. In denying the civil domestic violence restraining order after a four-day hearing, Gould-Saltman said that according to the 27-year-old San Diego woman’s testimony, Bauer honored her boundaries when she set them. And she said Bauer couldn’t know the boundaries she didn’t express to him. The judge noted that in the woman’s communications with Bauer, the woman “was not ambiguous about wanting rough sex in the parties’ first encounter, and wanting rougher sex in the second encounter.” Bauer has said through representatives that everything that happened between the two was “wholly consensual” in the nights they spent together in April and May at his Pasadena home. The Associated Press does not typically identify people who say they have been victims of sexual assault. Earlier this year, after winning his first Cy Young with the Cincinnati Reds last season, Bauer agreed to a $102 million, three-year contract to join his hometown Dodgers.

Latest Los Angeles Dodgers news

Latest news on JJA Sport Studio

Login to post comments

Facebook

upcoming matches

Wednesday, 22 September 2021
AC Milan vs Venezia FC
20:45
Spezia Calcio vs Cagliari Calcio
20:45
Feyenoord vs SC Heerenveen
21:00
PEC Zwolle vs Sparta Rotterdam
21:00
Real Madrid vs RCD Mallorca
22:00

JJA Sport Studio +

Calendar

« September 2021 »
Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat Sun
    1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30      
Go to top
JSN Time 2 is designed by JoomlaShine.com | powered by JSN Sun Framework
X

Right Click

all our work is copyright protected. Due to this we have disable right mouse click option