Update on Adam Cole's shoulder injury
In a week fraught with injuries across AEW, WWE, and the Indies, there is a potential update on one of the names affected.
Per a report from Fightful Select there has been some more light shed on the nature of Adam Cole’s injury, with the AEW star having not wrestled since winning the Owen Hart Foundation Men’s Tournament Final at Double or Nothing 2022 on May 29. The report suggests that whilst many knew that Cole was dealing with a shoulder injury (particularly his labrum), AEW sources have revealed that he has been working hurt for a while, with Cole’s shoulder issues believed to have been affecting him since his AEW World Championship programme with Hangman Page earlier in 2022. Whilst some have suggested tat Cole has in fact torn his labrum, this is yet to be confirmed by either AEW officials of Cole himself. Cole has a history of shoulder injuries, with a shoulder injury in 2014 forcing the former ROH World Champion to undergo surgery and miss over five months of action.
Latest AEW news
Latest news on JJA Sport Studio
covering as journalist: Pro Wrestling, MMA, Judo
CEO of JJA Sport Studio
PR JJA Sport Studio
Latest from Jan-Jaap Abbink
- Liv Morgan feels she 'needed' to be booed following WWE SummerSlam
- Legado Del Fantasma moving to WWE SmackDown
- Andrade El Idolo 'trying to get fired' by AEW
- Andrade El Idolo & Sammy Guevara involved in backstage fight at AEW Dynamite
- Ethan Page feels he has had more chances to shine since joining The Firm